lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: lucene webdemo on a webhosting hosting account
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:50:44 GMT

On Sep 1, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Gasi wrote:
> I putted these both jar files in the same diretory as results.jsp
> but I
> still don't have any results.
> The struture is:
> everything is in a folder called luceneweb
> +luceneweb
>     +META-INF
>     +WEB-INF
>     +webindex
>    +configuration.jsp
>    +footer.jsp
>    +header.jsp
>    +index.jsp
>    +lucene-1.4.3.jar
>    +lucene-demos-1.4.3.jar
>    +results.jsp

This is off-topic for this list to discuss WAR directory structure.
JAR files *must* go in WEB-INF/lib.  Please read up on this
structure.  The first best hit on Google for "java war structure" is

> In the webindex you will find the index consists of:
> _9m.cfs
> delateable
> segments

delateable?   That is an incorrect name.  Is this a typo in your mail
or did you rename the file when you uploaded the index?   Is it
possible that you mangled the index during the upload?

> And the same files are working excellent on my PC at home and show
> results
> and on the Internet everything works but there are no results.

Are you catching and ignoring any exceptions?  Have you modified the
JSP pages from your original configuration?  Are you pointing to the
right index location on your server?

View raw message