lucene-general mailing list archives

From Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to install lucene on windows ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:19:11 GMT
I am looking to build distributed index using lucene.
So I will put lot's of documents and will build the
index using lucene and the put the index onto various
computers. But I am just stuck at the basic thing.HOW
TO USE LUCENE in my application if I can't install it
?

THanks all of u for being so patient.

http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=demo+application

> The Lucene demo application is tricky to get running
> and not all that
> interesting or useful.  If you want a local indexing
> system that
> leverage Lucene, you'd be better off using
> Zilverline or SearchBlox.
>
>      Erik
>

> On Sep 12, 2005, at 12:56 AM, Arpit Sharma wrote:
>
> > ya tomcat is running properly but I am still not
> able
> > to understand cms thing!
> >
> > I have tomcat running on my windows and I want to
> > intall lucene. I have lucene.jar and demo.jar
> files.
> > So where should I put them ? and than how to start
> > working on it ?
> >
> > If this question has been asked before than please
> can
> > some tell me the archieves.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --- Colin Coolidge <colincoolidge@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> no... tomcat is the name of the server for
> handling
> >> java (which opencms is built in)
> >>
> >> opencms is an open source package for "content
> >> management" of your website.
> >>
> >> Have you got tomcat up and running? check this by
> >> starting tomcat and then going to
> >> http:\\localhost:8080
> >>

> >> Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_india@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> Thanks for such a ncie writeup but can u tell me
> wha
> >> tis CMS ? I am very new to all this and having
> >> difficulty in understanding it. is CMS a part of
> >> tomcat ?
> >>
> >> Thanks again.
> >>
> >> Colin Coolidge wrote:
> >> Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago
> and
> >> can help you out from start to finish!
> >>
> >> 1) log in and go to administration section of
> >> opencms / go to the module management section
> >>
> >> 2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )
> >>
> >> 3) go to

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config

> >> (or whereever yours is) and open the registry
> file.
> >> Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy
> >> first of course)
> >>
> >> 4) in the registry file look for c:/lucene and
> make
> >> this path a path to a created file where the
> >> files will be stored....
> >>
> >> 5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms
> admin
> >> and enter a new entry like this
> >>
> >> 30 11 * * * admin Administrators

net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager

> >> createIndex=true
> >>
> >> 6) now create a search page (or use the attached)
> in
> >> the same section as the website pages
> >>
> >> 7) after the time on the scheduled task comes
> >> around, lucene will create index files and place
> >> them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the
> >> search page should work.
> >>
> >> 8) modfiy the look of the
> >>

> > opencms/opencms/system/modules/

net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp

http://apache.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/jakarta/lucene/binaries/

> >> it shows lot's of files. Do I need to download
> all
> >> of
> >> them ? after downloading them what should I do ?
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> >> protection around
> >> http://mail.yahoo.com

> >> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> >> protection around
> >> http://mail.yahoo.com
> >>

> >> folder
> >> 0
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeFolder
> >>

> >> page
> >> 3
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePage
> >>

> >> link
> >> 4
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeLink
> >>

> >> plain
> >> 1
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePlain
> >>

> >> XMLTemplate
> >> 3
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeXMLTemplate
> >>

> >> binary
> >> 1
> >>
> >> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeBinary
> >>

> >> image