lucene-general mailing list archives

From Colin Coolidge <colincooli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to install lucene on windows ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:35:15 GMT
Maybe I was under the wrong impression. Are you wanting to use lucene with opencms or by itself?
If so what are you setting up lucene to search?

Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_india@yahoo.com> wrote:ya tomcat is running properly but
I am still not able
to understand cms thing!

I have tomcat running on my windows and I want to
intall lucene. I have lucene.jar and demo.jar files.
So where should I put them ? and than how to start
working on it ?

If this question has been asked before than please can
some tell me the archieves.

Thanks.

wrote:
> Thanks for such a ncie writeup but can u tell me wha
> tis CMS ? I am very new to all this and having
> difficulty in understanding it. is CMS a part of
> tomcat ?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Colin Coolidge wrote:
> Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago and
> can help you out from start to finish!
>
> 1) log in and go to administration section of
> opencms / go to the module management section
>
> 2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )
>
> 3) go to

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config
> (or whereever yours is) and open the registry file.
> Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy
> first of course)
>
> 4) in the registry file look for c:/lucene and make
> this path a path to a created file where the index
> files will be stored....
>
> 5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms admin
> and enter a new entry like this
>
> 30 11 * * * admin Administrators

net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager
> createIndex=true
>
> 6) now create a search page (or use the attached) in
> the same section as the website pages
>
> 7) after the time on the scheduled task comes
> around, lucene will create index files and place
> them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the
> search page should work.
>
> 8) modfiy the look of the

opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp

http://apache.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/jakarta/lucene/binaries/

> it shows lot's of files. Do I need to download all
> of
> them ? after downloading them what should I do ?
>
> Thanks

> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>

> folder
> 0
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeFolder
>

> page
> 3
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePage
>

> link
> 4
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeLink
>

> plain
> 1
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePlain
>

> XMLTemplate
> 3
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeXMLTemplate
>

> binary
> 1
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeBinary
>

> image
> 1
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeImage
>

> compatiblePlain
> 1
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeCompatiblePlain
>

> jsp
> 6
>
> com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeJsp
>

> select.explorer
> /system/workplace/action/explorer_new.html
>

> select.admin
> /system/workplace/action/administration.html
>

> select.tasks
> /system/workplace/action/tasks.html
>

> /system/workplace/resources/
> resources/
>

> /system/modules/default/classes/
> WEB-INF/classes/
>
> my.smtp.server
> alternative.smtp.server
> nobody@nowhere.com
>
> nobody@nowhere.com
> nobody@nowhere.com
> /system/workplace/templates/urlcheckform
>

> com.opencms.flex.CmsXmlTemplateLoader
> com.opencms.flex.CmsDumpLoader
> com.opencms.launcher.CmsLinkLauncher
> com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader
>
> false
> on
>
> true
>
> false
>

> 100000
> true
>

> c:/lucene
>

> org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer
> true
> online

=== message truncated ===