lucene-general mailing list archives

From Colin Coolidge <colincooli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to install lucene on windows ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:05:01 GMT
no... tomcat is the name of the server for handling java (which opencms is built in)

opencms is an open source package for "content management" of your website.

Have you got tomcat up and running? check this by starting tomcat and then going to http:\\localhost:8080

Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_india@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks for such a ncie writeup but can u tell me wha tis CMS ? I am very new to all this and
having difficulty in understanding it. is CMS a part of tomcat ?

Thanks again.

Colin Coolidge wrote:
Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago and can help you out from start to finish!

1) log in and go to administration section of opencms / go to the module management section

2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )

3) go to C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config (or whereever yours is) and
open the registry file. Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy first of course)

4) in the registry file look for c:/lucene and make this path a path to a created file where
the index files will be stored....

5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms admin and enter a new entry like this

30 11 * * * admin Administrators net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true

6) now create a search page (or use the attached) in the same section as the website pages

7) after the time on the scheduled task comes around, lucene will create index files and place
them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the search page should work.

8) modfiy the look of the opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp
page for your own site needs!

Arpit Sharma
wrote:
I have installed tomcat on XP but when I go to page
http://apache.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/jakarta/lucene/binaries/

it shows lot's of files. Do I need to download all of
them ? after downloading them what should I do ?

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com

folder
0

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeFolder

page
3

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePage

link
4

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeLink

plain
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePlain

XMLTemplate
3

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeXMLTemplate

binary
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeBinary

image
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeImage

compatiblePlain
1

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeCompatiblePlain

jsp
6

com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypeJsp

select.explorer
/system/workplace/action/explorer_new.html

select.admin
/system/workplace/action/administration.html

select.tasks
/system/workplace/action/tasks.html

/system/workplace/resources/
resources/

/system/modules/default/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

my.smtp.server
alternative.smtp.server
nobody@nowhere.com

nobody@nowhere.com
nobody@nowhere.com
/system/workplace/templates/urlcheckform

com.opencms.flex.CmsXmlTemplateLoader
com.opencms.flex.CmsDumpLoader
com.opencms.launcher.CmsLinkLauncher
com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader

false
on

true

false

100000
true

c:/lucene

org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer true
online
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PageDocument .txt net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PlainDocument
.html .htm .xml net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.TaggedPlainDocument .pdf net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.PDFDocument
.doc net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.WordDocument ed="false" type="jsp"> net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.JspDocument
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.NewsDocument net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.ContributionDocument
All true

3

simple
org.opencms.default
OpenCms 5.0 Default module
3.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.default/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.default/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.welcome
OpenCms 5.0 Welcome page and release notes
3.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

additionalresources

string
/release/;/index.jsp

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.templates
OpenCms 5.0 opencms.org templates
1.1

(c) 2004 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.templates/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.templates/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.website-demo
OpenCms 5.0 opencms.org demo website
1.1

Provided by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
04.23.2003

org.opencms.templates
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/opencms-demo/;-;/system/galleries/pics/opencms-demo/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace online help - Base module
1.1

(c) 2003 by Alkacon Software (http://www.alkacon.com).
]]>
Alkacon Software
info@alkacon.com
03.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.help/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help.en
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace online help - English version
1.10

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this translation. In case you find errors, please report
them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
(various contributors)
contributions@opencms.org
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/

/system/modules/org.opencms.help.en/index.html

org.opencms.help
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/help/en/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.help.de
OpenCms 5.0 workplace online help - German version
1.1
]]>
Jakob Lemler
jakob.lemler@t-online.de
05.12.2003

org.opencms.help
1.0
-1.0

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/help/de/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locale.es
Spanish localization for the OpenCms workplace
1.0
]]>
Antonio Reyes
reyes_soy@hotmail.com
05.09.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locale.es/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/locales/es/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locales.fr
French localisation for the OpenCms Workplace
1.0
In case you find errors please report them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
Silixon
guillaume.levrero@silixon.com
05.22.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locales.fr/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources
Please note: If you delete this module, all resources listed here will be deleted (even if
they are directories).]]>
string
/system/workplace/locales/fr/

05.19.2005
Admin

simple
org.opencms.locales.it
OpenCms 5.0 Workplace localization - Italian language version
1.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this translation. In case you find errors, please report
them (and their corrections) to "contributions@opencms.org".
]]>
(various contributors)
contributions@opencms.org
04.23.2003

/system/modules/org.opencms.locales.it/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/

additionalresources

string
/system/workplace/locales/it/