lucene-general mailing list archives

From Colin Coolidge <colincooli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to install lucene on windows ?
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:08:39 GMT
Hi, I went through this exact issue months ago and can help you out from start to finish!

1) log in and go to administration section of opencms / go to the module management section

2) upload lucene module (i used src1.5 )

3) go to C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config (or whereever yours is) and
open the registry file. Replacing it with the attached file (make a copy first of course)

4) in the registry file look for <indexDir>c:/lucene</indexDir> and make this
path a path to a created file where the index files will be stored....

5) go to the scheduled task se tion of opencms admin and enter a new entry like this

30 11 * * * admin Administrators net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true

6) now create a search page (or use the attached) in the same section as the website pages

7) after the time on the scheduled task comes around, lucene will create index files and place
them in the created c:/lucene folder and then the search page should work.

8) modfiy the look of the opencms/opencms/system/modules/net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene/elements/simple_search.jsp
page for your own site needs!

Arpit Sharma <pathfinder_of_india@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have installed tomcat on XP but when I go to page
http://apache.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/jakarta/lucene/binaries/

it shows lot's of files. Do I need to download all of
them ? after downloading them what should I do ?

Thanks