lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Madhu Panitini" <Madhu.Panit...@pass-consulting.com>
Subject RE: search alogorithm in Lucene
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:17:05 GMT
Hi one more question

Is there any format of text file that lucene eexpects some think like
addition of XML tags for the text document which is given for lucene
before indexing.

regards
madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Panitini
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 7:02 PM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: search alogorithm in Lucene

Hi all,
I new to the lucene, but I am familiar with the IR. I want build IR
system in Java and I found Lucene, but some questions remained
unanswered for me after searching complete website.

I have couple of questions regarding Lucene,

1. What is the search algorithm(s)[VSM, ..] used or available in the
Lucene?

2. How term weight is calculated in Lucene, how many types of term
weight calculating formulas are implemented and what are they?

Regards
Madhu