lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Hi everyone.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:36:06 GMT
I hope my letter will not be off-topic because I need general
help/expirence with Lucene.

We provide hosting with our CMS in java/servlets. We have search
feature there currently working via mnogosearch, but it poses a lot of
limitations on configurability and generally suits our java
environment poorly.
We want to implement search using Lucene, and I need some suggestions
from experienced users.
First, what should I use? Should I take Lucene and some HTML document
implementation (possibly from IndexHTML demo), or should I take Nutch?
Will not Nutch be too hard on memory for case 50 sites running on one
Resin container?
How should I better index? On page add, or crawl the whole site at
once each week? If I index one new document, how consuming is that,
and do I instantly get ability to search throught it?

Maybe I have to ask on nutch's list? But I'm unsure really whenever
it's easy to integrate that, given its tools running one another
classes' main().