lucene-general mailing list archives

From "MariLuz Elola" <mel...@seinet.es>
Subject OR'ed boolean queries
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:51:48 GMT
Hello

    I donĀ“t know exactly how is working PrefixQuery,WildcardQuery,RangeQuery and  FuzzyQuery
expanding to a series of OR'ed boolean queries.

    For example I have an index with 200.000 registries. Each registry has two metadatas,
NAMEFILE and AGENCY. If I do the search
    NAMEFILE:ef*
    I am getting TooManyClauses error, but if I do the search
    AGENCY:ef*
    I am getting correctly the results without any error.

    Both metadatas has 200.000 values, but, in the metadata AGENCY there are about 30 diferents
values and in the metadata NAMEFILE each registry has an unique value.

    Both metadatas have been indexed like Field.Text.

    The same happens with RangeQuery. For example:

    The user select PAGE > 0. Internally it is translated like   PAGE:{0000000000 TO 2147483647}
   (2147483647 This is Integer.MAX_VALUE)
    This returns 130.000 registries with value > 0 without TooManyClauses error, but using
another numeric metadatas I am getting TooManyClauses error..

    The property maxClauseCount is by default (1024).

    Could anybody tell me how it is working?

    Thanks in advance

                    Mari Luz Elola