lucene-general mailing list archives

From Antonello Provenzano <t...@deveel.com>
Subject A proper port of Lucene to C#
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:53:33 GMT
Hi all,

I'm quite finishing the porting (a *proper* one) of the Apache Jakarta
project Lucene.

I optimized the IO management and refactored most of the code, making
the syntax C#-compliant. By small benchmarks, the performances are
better and the code lines are reduced.

Furthermore, the parsers and lexers are created by the MinosseCC (a
porting of JavaCC), thing that gives the oportunity to extend the
grammars provided with the original Lucene.

I want to release the port project under APL and would like it to be
hosted and mantained: I have no time for the development of the code. I
decided porting the project for commercial pourposes (needed to index
millions of data entries), being the previous port of Lucene (dotLucene)
not so good-looking and a little slow (for my needings).

In the future, I would like to embed part of the code of this project
(in a redux subset) within my project Minosse RDBMS
(http://www.minosse.com): because of this reason, I would like it to be
mantained and developed during the time.

Thanks for the attenction.
Antonello