lucene-general mailing list archives

From "James" <ja...@ryley.com>
Subject term vector implmentation
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:58:43 GMT
I haven't been able to find any code examples of implementing term vectors.
"Lucene in Action" has a nice intro to the topic, but skips some of the
details and doesn't address how cos theta is computed in an n-dimensional
situation (which I realize may be simple to those familiar with the math -
sorry for my ignorance).

Does anyone have a complete working example of the use of term vectors they
could share?  Also, does anyone have benchmarks for doing these computations
on a large (millions of records) database?  I am wondering how intractable
this will be to do in real-time.

James