lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Highlighting, Keywords and Summarizing
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 14:41:28 GMT

On May 2, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Schuh, Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for tools (code) which provides information for:
>
> - Highlighting (of search results)

Lucene includes a highlighter in its contrib area.  You can see an
example of it here: http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=highlighter

Highlighter is currently in a build-it-yourself state in Lucene's
Subversion repository, however it will be released in binary official
form with Lucene 1.9 in the near future.  You can get the binary of it
from the Lucene in Action source code download.

> - extracting of keywords (in different languages)

Please elaborate on what you're after here.

> - and summarizing of text (giving a short description of a long text)

Classifier4j has a text summarizer:
http://classifier4j.sourceforge.net/

	Erik