lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Schuh, Stefan" <>
Subject AW: Highlighting, Keywords and Summarizing
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 08:49:29 GMT

Thanks for the info.

Keywords are the most important words in articles. Let's say you have an article with 3 or
5 pages, the keywords are the most important words, but no stop words.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik Hatcher []
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Mai 2005 16:41
Betreff: Re: Highlighting, Keywords and Summarizing

On May 2, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Schuh, Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for tools (code) which provides information for:
> - Highlighting (of search results)

Lucene includes a highlighter in its contrib area.  You can see an
example of it here:

Highlighter is currently in a build-it-yourself state in Lucene's
Subversion repository, however it will be released in binary official
form with Lucene 1.9 in the near future.  You can get the binary of it
from the Lucene in Action source code download.

> - extracting of keywords (in different languages)

Please elaborate on what you're after here.

> - and summarizing of text (giving a short description of a long text)

Classifier4j has a text summarizer:

View raw message