lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Schuh, Stefan" <Stefan.Sc...@coi.de>
Subject How to constrict search results with NOT
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 12:35:08 GMT
Hello,

I have the following problem: I get a list of documents, from another
application, which to use as the base for a new search. The problem is,
that it should be possible to constrict this list with the NOT operator,
but as I understand, it is not possible to search only with NOT.

In short words: I have a list of docs (I'm using a BitSet as
QueryFilter) and I want to allow users, to use the normal queries from
lucene, like: "NOT (Bill Clinton)". I think the problem is, that: "The
NOT operator cannot be used with just one term" (from query syntax), and
I do not have the query, which has build the "set of documents" in which
to search.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Regards

Stefan