lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BadApples
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2019 16:58:40 GMT
I should have been clearer that I wasn’t complaining, just observing that the badapple report
is too noisy to really be of much value. I fully understand that the noise is going away at
a breakneck pace…..

> On Dec 9, 2019, at 11:15 AM, Kevin Risden <krisden@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Yes the "e-mail-2019-12-09.txt" attachment made it through.
>
> Many of the tests have failed due to the tightening of the security manager permissions
for tests [1]. Most of the failures have been due to failing to null out static variables
after a test run [2]. Others are real issues like TestSolrCLIRunExample [3] or the Hadoop
related failures [4]. There are others that haven't been triaged yet.

> Rob has been putting in a lot of effort to try to get this under control as well. Getting
the tests to run under the security manager is the first step to trying to enable it for real
in Solr. Any help triaging the failures would be appreciated.

> If you are looking to triage some of the test failures, adding -Dargs="-Djava.security.debug=access,failure"
can help find out why the security manager denied access. Some of the failures are different
between OS as well where security manager allows the path on Linux but fails on Windows.

here for the gory details of what’s failing currently: http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/failure-report.html