lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New branch and feature freeze for Lucene/Solr 8.4.0
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 00:19:44 GMT
Hi Adrien,
I meant to include the following for the release branch, but it was
already cut by the time I backported to branch_8x and I didn't realize
it at the time. May I backport them now?

SOLR-13978 Remove bloat from default configset
SOLR-14071 Untrusted configsets shouldn't be allowed to use <lib> directive
SOLR-14065 Deprecate Velocity

I also wish to add the following deprecations into 8.4.

SOLR-14067 Deprecate StatelessScriptUpdateProcessor
SOLR-14066 Deprecate DIH
SOLR-14070 Deprecate CloudSolrClient's ZKHost constructor
SOLR-14072 Deprecate plugin loading using runtimelib

Please let me know if that is fine by you, and I'll do this soon. I
think it should not affect the stability of the release in any way.
All of these deprecations are important for security purposes, besides
making Solr more maintainable.

Thanks and regards,
Ishan

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 3:47 AM Andrzej Białecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:

> Done.
>
> On 12 Dec 2019, at 18:23, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Andrzej. I noticed my initial suggestion for the RC date falls on Saturday,
so I'll build on Monday instead. This will give some more CI cycles to the recent changes
that have been merged.

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:14 PM Andrzej Białecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
>>
>> Adrien,
>> Jenkins discovered a bug in my recent fix for SOLR-13975 (see https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-8.x-Windows/591/),
I’m testing a fix and should be able to commit it in an hour or so. I’d like to merge
it to branch_8_4.