lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New branch and feature freeze for Lucene/Solr 8.4.0
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2019 05:31:37 GMT
I've added a few critical fixes for SOLR-13662 to the branch. I tested
them thoroughly and got reviews for the fixes from Jan, Noble and
Eduardo.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 5:18 AM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'll defer to your judgement regarding whether this is safe to get in 8.4.
>
> Le sam. 14 déc. 2019 à 21:00, Kevin Risden <krisden@apache.org> a écrit :
>>
>> Tim found SOLR-14086 which looks like a test only dependency leaking into compile
caused by SOLR-14033. I put a patch up. I won't get to get it until later tonight or tomorrow
~24hrs from now.

>> This causes any Solr Tika usage with 7z or a few other compressed file types (depends
if they use commons-compress) to fail due to different classloaders being used.

>> Kevin Risden
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Deprecation of DIH is ready for review https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14066
>>> One code change which is a WARN log at startup, other changes are documentation.
>>>
>>> Low risk and we’d like to deprecate sooner rather than later in 8.x. Your call
Adrien.

>>> Jan
>>>
>>> 13. des. 2019 kl. 10:03 skrev Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com>:

The fix is super simple and very low risk since it's encapsulated within the block only used
when splitByPrefix=true.