lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Noble Paul <noble.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.4.0 RC1
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2019 21:59:00 GMT
Thanks Adrien.
My apologies for the inconvenience .

--Noble

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 8:04 AM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Cassandra for finding this missing commit. I'll start a new RC tomorrow morning
EU time.

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 9:21 PM Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If there is a respin, maybe the Changenotes (for Solr) can be fixed too:
>> 1) First entry under Upgrade Notes is missing JIRA and probably does
>> not need to include the full class path
>> 2) Optimization section can probably be skipped as it just has "no
>> changes" entry
>> 3) Couple of JIRAs are missing contributor attributions (is it
>> compulsory? I don't know.)
>>
>> Also Lucene's one under "build" section is missing one JIRA number.
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Alex.
>>
>> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 14:20, Noble Paul <noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm so sorry to come at this moment and tell you that one of the
>> > critical bug fixes I made to master was not ported to 8x and 8.4.
>> >
>> > This breaks a critical functionality of package loading feature.
>> > Is it possible to do a respin?
>> > https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/f98555854cbdb9d396c34a93fde9c1610df74882#diff-04f78a3e0960a743f6b4267e2d0f7f49

will make sure this test doesn't get in the way of building or voting on a release until the
test is fixed.

Seems to have got slightly more flakey recently possibly because other tests have got better
at using up CPU?. The flake here is that the code in the test didn't manage to wait long enough
before running the assertion. This failure does not represent an issue with anything other
than the test.

-Dtests.method=testTimeCat -Dtests.seed=D05700662AF3B95B -Dtests.locale=en-GB -Dtests.timezone=Australia/North
-Dt