lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit / Code Review Policy
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2019 05:19:34 GMT
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Commit+Policy+-+DRAFT

Updated:
* Suggested new title
* Emphasizing "Guidelines" instead of policy
* Defines lazy-consensus
* Added [PENDING DISCUSSION] to other topics for now

Question:
* Are we agreeable to my definition of "minor"?
* Do we agree we don't even need a JIRA issue for "minor" things?
* Do we agree we don't even need a CHANGES.txt entry for "minor" things?
Of course it's ultimately up to the committer's discretion but I ask as a
general guideline.  If we can imagine some counter examples then they might
be good candidates to add to the doc.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley