lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index upgrade from 4.6 to 8 facing issue
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 22:24:17 GMT
I think it highly depends on how you want to do it. You could continue to run 4.6 and have
another instance(a) with 8.2+. Then you just Index as you used to do it until now on the new
one. Once you have all the data indexed you switch you lt application to 8.2. Of course you
need to test it in dev, test etc environments.
Maybe in order to reduce time for the future and it you don’t use a database import. Convert
your “rich” documents (eg pdf, wird, excel) in a suitable text format (or html) and start
indexing from there. This will save you a lot of time on converting those documents in case
of reindexing.

Then depending on the use case it could be also worthy to think about not indexing anymore
old data (=> datensparsamkeit).

> Am 01.10.2019 um 23:19 schrieb Jyothsna Bavisetti <jyothsna.bavisetti@oracle.com>:
>
> Hi Shawn,
>
> Any doc or links for re indexing process. We are using Lucene core 8.0.0.
>

> Thanks,
> Jyothsna

let me know if any work around?

> Thanks,
> Jyothsna

work, but now such upgrades are explicitly denied.

> When you used the IndexUpgrader from Lucene 6, the Lucene version was written into the
index.  The recorded version was preserved by the upgrader for version 7.  When the index
was subsequently read by version 8, it complained because the original index was not written
by version 7 or later.