lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: The Lucene Solr Gradle Build Game plan
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2019 11:39:11 GMT
agree with david
as your schedule gets packed there are more than a few that are willing to pickup the slack
if the branch is checked-in and labelled we can tackle what needs to be done
________________________________
From: David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 2:13 AM
To: Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com>
Cc: Lucene Dev <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: The Lucene Solr Gradle Build Game plan

Thanks for your efforts Mark!

Why has the migration to Gradle somehow been blocked by performance improvements to Solr's
tests?
What are the blockers to the Gradle branch being merged to master?  It's an experimental shadow
build, so... none?

I appreciate you want everything to be great from the beginning but I think it's better to
try and find that subjective line where it's good enough to be committed then iterated on
in follow-up issues.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley