lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Lucene Solr Gradle Build Game plan
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:02:39 GMT
> All the targets work now - we can call this done!

I've tried

gradlew -p solr\solr-ref-guide buildSite buildPdf

and it worked for me just fine (no syntax highlighting but I guess we
can add that later). It's great to not have to install anything
manually, yay.

> Thank you so much Dawid for your help with this, I never would have been able to do this
on my own.

I wrote a few todos in the gradle build file -- some things could be
improved but I wouldn't change too much before we have a consolidated
branch with those changes.

> I’m not sure the next steps here - we could merge the changed files into the main Gradle
branch?

I'm kind of waiting for Mark to coordinate this, actually. I've
modified some test code on the gradle branch but Mark has been talking
about changes he's made locally so I don't know if it makes sense to
put more work into something that may be thrown away. A patch on the
existing refguide branch is fine I think since it can always be
reapplied.

> My next project is going to be ripping out the PDF builds from the Ref Guide build process,
so that will also eventually require more changes here.

What do you mean by this? Isn't buildPdf doing that already?

Dawid