lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Turnbull <dturnb...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Renaming SolrCloud
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2019 16:40:24 GMT
I agree very much on normalizing to one mode of running Solr

So long as the 'cluster mode' hello world is easier than having to think a
lot about zookeeper and other hard things. One reason people use standalone
mode because it's as simple as "Point '/bin/solr' at config directory and
go". If there's just cluster mode, it all should be dead simple to help
newbies play around with Solr without thinking that hard

-Douc