lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 8.3 release
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 14:32:19 GMT
I've cut the 8.3 branch. Please feel free to push in any bug fix. For
any feature, please let me know to see how we can accommodate it
safely.
I'm planning to get myself familiarized with what I need to do for the
ref guide release (simultaneously with the binary release). So, most
likely, I'll be able to build artifacts in another week's time.
@Uwe Schindler / @Steve Rowe  would it be possible to please create a
Jenkins branch for 8.3?
Thanks,
Ishan

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 4:17 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll cut the branch in 12-24 hours from now. If someone has anything
> to put into branch_8x now, please feel free.
> If someone has a non-bugfix issue that they want to push in to 8.3
> after the branch cut, but you're sure it will not disrupt the
> stability of the release, please let me know and we can discuss on a
> case-by-case basis.
>
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 8:50 PM Mikhail Khludnev <mkhl@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Excuse me. I have to recall this message regarding SOLR-13764.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 10:56 PM Mikhail Khludnev <ggedel@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ishan, thanks for update.
> >> May I propose to hold it for this week, beside of the severe issues you mentioned,
I'd like to drop pretty neat JSON Query parser for Interval Queries https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13764
this week.

want to propose that we don’t “release” the Ref Guide at all the way we have been doing
it.

this week I should start now, but in essence, my idea is to no longer treat the PDF as a release
artifact that requires a vote, and publish the HTML as our primary version of the Ref Guide
in effectively the same way we publish the javadocs (at the same time as the binary artifacts).

several aspects, let me send another mail on it where I can flesh it out more and we can discuss
there. I have the mail mostly queued up and ready to go already.

very familiar with the ref guide release process.

It