lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 8.3 release
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 13:54:20 GMT
Thanks Andrzej, +1 for SOLR-13790 and SOLR-8241. Also, please provide
some guidance on SOLR-13677 and how can we resolve it.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 2:11 PM Andrzej Białecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:

> I’m also working on SOLR-13790 (which is marked Critical, but depending on your POV
it could be a Blocker - the functionality is broken as is).

> If the feature freeze is next week then maybe I’ll also manage to finish SOLR-8241,
which would give users opportunity to test CaffeineCache performance in real-life scenarios.

> > On 30 Sep 2019, at 22:59, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Sure Mikhail,
> > I'm okay to delay branch cutting by 1 week.
> > If someone has any objections, please let me know.
> > I'll try to see how we can get those blockers resolved.
> > Regards,
> > Ishan
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 1:27 AM Mikhail Khludnev <ggedel@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ishan, thanks for update.
> >> May I propose to hold it for this week, beside of the severe issues you mentioned,
I'd like to drop pretty neat JSON Query parser for Interval Queries https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13764
this week.

want to propose that we don’t “release” the Ref Guide at all the way we have been doing
it.

this week I should start now, but in essence, my idea is to no longer treat the PDF as a release
artifact that requires a vote, and publish the HTML as our primary version of the Ref Guide
in effectively the same way we publish the javadocs (at the same time as the binary artifacts).

several aspects, let me send another mail on it where I can flesh it out more and we can discuss
there. I have the mail mostly queued up and ready to go already.

very familiar with the ref guide release process.

It