Trying to reach a conclusion (or perhaps a vote) on this.

Here is a table that sums up my proposal. Basically it means in most cases stop adding master as fixVersion.

TypeCommitted tofixVersionCHANGES.txt section
Featuremastermaster (9.0)9.0
Featuremaster, branch_8x8.28.2
Featurebranch_8x8.28.2
Bugfixmastermaster (9.0)none (unreleased bug)
Bugfixmaster, branch_8x8.28.2
Bugfixmaster, branch_8x, branch_8_18.1.2, 8.28.1.2, 8.2
Bugfixbranch_8x8.28.2
Bugfixbranch_8_18.1.28.1.2
Bugfixbranch_8x, branch_7_77.7.3, 8.27.7.3, 8.2

In addition to this, we should all wait until commit time with setting fixVersion.

To find branches for a JIRA, you just translate fixVersion to branch, e.g. 8.1.2, 8.2 -> branch_8_1, branch_8x.
For features, if it is unclear whether master has the commit, check gitbot log or git log
For bugfixes, there are cases where the bug does not exist in master at all, and that can be reflected in affectsVersion field.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com