lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of JIRA fixVersion
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:49:08 GMT
+1 to Jan's proposal about not adding master when changes are also pushed
to the previous major, I like the additional consistency with our
CHANGES.txt.

I'm less sure about requiring that the fix version is not set before
resolving the issue, I have used this in combination with the blocker label
to mean that an issue needs to be addressed before releasing, sometimes it
will be the next minor, sometimes the next major. For the record, the
ReleaseTodo[1] recommends to check for blockers by filtering by priority
and fixVersion.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo