lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Apache Solr Reference Guide for Solr 8.1
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:10:38 GMT
Ok, I just run a public link checker (random one:
https://www.drlinkcheck.com) and it found 27 dead link, for various
reasons, some not actually dead.

But one very interesting thing it did find is that Solr Package
"org.apache.solr.api" is - for some reason - not present on the public
Javadoc site, even though it is clearly in the index. Very easy way to
see that is at:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_1_1/solr-core/overview-summary.html
(the 3rd package from the top). It just redirects to "not-found". Same
for all of the classes in that package.

Very strange. And it affects older 8.0 release as well I think. So,
perhaps something in the release process catches it, a wrong regexp or
some such.

Regards,
   Alex.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 16:30, Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a link validation that runs as part of the build to be sure Javadoc links will
resolve, but there is no regular mechanism of link checking that occurs as far as I’m aware.
Not that it shouldn’t happen, someone just needs to make it happen.