lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: RM question JIRA fixVersion transition
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 08:46:59 GMT
Thanks. I'll do that.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 6. jun. 2019 kl. 05:49 skrev David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com>:
>
> +1 to "Find and remove these" which seems perfect.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley <http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley>
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:43 PM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am just completing the last steps in the ReleaseTODO as first-time RM for the 7.7.2
bugfix release.

> In the "Update JIRA" section it says:
>
>> • Do another JIRA search to find all issues with Unresolved Resolution and fixVersion
of the release you just made. Note that Jira can only bulk-change fixVersion if you search
only one project at a time. This URL may work - but edit the fixVersion part, and change LUCENE
to SOLR to get to Solr's issues separately - https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+=+LUCENE+AND+resolution=Unresolved+AND+fixVersion=6.0.1
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+=+LUCENE+AND+resolution=Unresolved+AND+fixVersion=6.0.1>,
and do a bulk change to the fixVersion to be both the master version and the next version
on the branch you just released from. Uncheck the box that says "send an email for these changes".

> It is the part "bulk change to the fixVersion to be both the master version and the next
version on the branch you just released from" that I wonder. JIRA now has a dropdown where
you can either
> - Add to existing
> - Clear field
> - Replace all with
> - Find and remove these
>
> I guess this option is new to a recent JIRA release and that you earlier could only replace
all fixVersions. But if you do that, you risk removing some fix versions that are NOT next
or master, so this operation is destructive.
> Also the TODO is not clear what to do here for bugfix releases. For the 7.7.2 release
it would be wrong to REPLACE the field with 7.7.3, master(9.0), what if some issues also had
8.1.2 and 8.2 in them?
> My proposal is to instead select "Find and remove these" and the released version, and
thus remove just that one version from the Unresolved JIRA issue.