lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-reference-guide-8.x - Build # 3944 - Still Failing
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 15:40:45 GMT
INFRA JIRA for "websites2" problem: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18666 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18666>

JIRA to add GPG key download to the ref guide build script: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13582

--
Steve

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 10:50 AM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The 8.x ref guide builds are running on a node they've never run on before: "websites2".
 The master ref guide builds are running on the "websites1" node, which has not exhibited
the same build problems.  Both nodes are pinned to label "git-websites", which can result
in builds on either the "websites1" node or the "websites2" node.  AFAICT there's some kind
of routing based on the identity (name maybe?) of the job, which results in effectively permanent
assignment to either one or the other node.

> I put the key download commands from the error message into the 8.x job config and triggered
a run.  This enabled verification.  But there is now another problem related to RVM's installation
of Ruby 2.3.3: compilation is failing, with details in a log file on the "websites2" machine,
to which I don't have access.  I'll contact Infra about it.

> In the meantime, I pinned the 8.x build to "websites1" and triggered a build, which succeeded.
 I left in the key download commands, so leaving them in permanently apparently wouldn't cause
any trouble.  (I'll make an issue to modify our build script to include a check for the keys
and download them if they don't exist.)

> --
> Steve
>
>> On Jun 27, 2019, at 9:22 AM, Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com <mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks Steve, that makes sense. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.
>>
>> If possible, maybe the script could check for the keys and import them if not available?
At the very least, maybe I should add something about this scenario to internal Ref Guide
docs. I totally forgot this had happened before.

>> Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply you needed to disable the 8.1 job - I forgot to mention
I recently gave myself permissions to do that in Jenkins - but thank you for doing it.

>> Cassandra
>> On Jun 27, 2019, 8:12 AM -0500, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com <mailto:sarowe@gmail.com>>,
wrote:
>>> This has happened previously.  Usually it's a new machine that has never built
the ref guide previously.  IIRC there was an Infra notice a couple days ago about one of the
2 machines used to build the ref guide ("website1" OSLT) being taken offline.  Probably they
put in place a replacement for it.

>>> In the past I've modified the job config to do what's suggested in the error
message: download the key to the new machine, trigger a run, then comment out the key download
in the job config.

>>> I suppose we could always download the key on every run?
>>>
>>> I'll work on it later today.
>>>
>>> I'll go disable the 8.1 ref guide job now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve

for checking the RVM download. Right now it’s the 8.x job that’s failing (and 8.1, which
needs to be disabled), but the master branch build appears to be fine.

of the script that it seems to assume that the RVM package keys are already imported on the
server (see https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/dev-tools/scripts/jenkins.build.ref.guide.sh#L13
<https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/dev-tools/scripts/jenkins.build.ref.guide.sh#L13>).

think the problem here might be that some changes have been made on the Jenkins servers that
removed those keys? The work to set this up was done in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10568
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10568>, but it doesn’t mention the keys
or how they got imported onto those machines, so that part isn’t clear to me.

<mailto:jenkins@builds.apache.org>>, wrote:
> [...]
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Solr-reference-guide-8.x
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene-solr.git> # timeout=10
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene-solr.git> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
<https://github.com/rvm/rvm/releases/download/1.29.8/1.29.8.tar.gz.asc>
- 'https://github.com/rvm/rvm/releases/download/1.29.8/1.29.8.tar.gz.asc <https://github.com/rvm/rvm/releases/download/1.29.8/1.29.8.tar.gz.asc>'!
Try to install GPG v2 and then fetch the public key:

--recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 7D2BAF1CF37B13E2069D6956105BD0E739499BDB