lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Audit logging API?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:39:54 GMT
We'll need to add REST API for editing Audit logging in later versions.

As far as I understand, the version in the JSON comes from Zookeeper node version, but there
has been issues that if you upload a security.json with that v node to ZK it was not parsed
correctly. I don't know the reason why the JSON would contain the version in the first place.
Probably some work to do here?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 20. jun. 2019 kl. 02:39 skrev Gus Heck <gus.heck@gmail.com>:
>
> in the security documentation here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#in-standalone-mode
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#in-standalone-mode>

> we give the following advice:
>
> Once security.json has been uploaded to ZooKeeper, you should use the appropriate APIs
for the plugins you’re using to update it. You can edit it manually, but you must take care
to remove any version data so it will be properly updated across all ZooKeeper nodes. The
version data is found at the end of the security.json file, and will appear as the letter
"v" followed by a number, such as {"v":138}.

> However, I don't see any API mentioned in https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/audit-logging.html
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/audit-logging.html> ? Is this planned for
the future?

> Also I sort of wonder why security.json is keeping it's own version in the json rather
than relying on zookeeper's node versions like everything else? What problem do we have there
that we don't have in the rest of our json files?