lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Propose CHANGES.txt releases begin with the categories (empty)
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 07:45:46 GMT
+1

PS: Check out the template in scripts/addVersion.py which now just adds "(no changes)"

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 25. jun. 2019 kl. 09:02 skrev Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com>:
>
> +1, it's otherwise tempting to reuse an existing category even if it
> doesn't fit as well as a category that is not listed yet.
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 6:40 AM David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looking at Solr's CHANGES.txt for 8.2 I see we have some sections: "Upgrade Notes",
"New Features", "Bug Fixes", and "Other Changes".  There is no "Improvements".... so no surprise
here, the New Features category has issues that ought to be listed as such.  I think the order
vary as well.  I propose that on new releases, the initial state of the next release in CHANGES.txt
have these sections.  They can easily be removed at the upcoming release if there are no such
sections, or they could stay as empty.  It seems addVersion.py is the code that sets this
up.  Any opinions?