lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No email notifications from JIRA when attaching a patch
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:17:59 GMT
Adrien,

Do you mean you want a notification to be sent when someone attaches a patch file to a Jira
issue? If I understand how the LUCENE project is set up to send notifications, one should
be sent.

Both LUCENE and SOLR projects use the same Notification Scheme (https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/LUCENE/notifications),
which is configured to send a mail to the list on any issue update. AFAIUI, adding an attachment
is considered an issue update.

You can see that a notification is sent properly for a SOLR issue: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@lucene.apache.org:lte=1M:SOLR-11263.
Since LUCENE and SOLR are using the same scheme, it should behave the same.

I think it might be worth checking with Infra on it, since as far as I can tell things are
set up properly and I think it will involve some system admin-level permissions to dig any
deeper into why it’s not working for both projects.

Cassandra