lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Apache Solr Reference Guide for Solr 8.0
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 20:00:40 GMT
Cool, Cassandra. We really value your effort on the Ref Guide!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 6. jun. 2019 kl. 21:45 skrev Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com>:
>
> It took me a few days to get back to this - the week got away from me and I wanted to
give Jan’s suggestions a decent review.

> Thanks, Jan, for those changes. It looks like it’s really one sentence that’s misleadingly
wrong. I hate releasing with known errors like that, but if you don’t think it’s that
big of a problem, I’ll go ahead with the release and fold your changes into 8.1. Maybe this
is a good use for that otherwise unused Errata page in the PDF.

> Thanks everyone who voted, the VOTE has passed and I’ll get started releasing it.
>
> Cassandra
> On Jun 3, 2019, 6:16 PM -0500, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>, wrote:
>> Feel free as RM to release without these changes and fold into 8.1.
>> But here is a patch with re-phrasing of the two paragraphs I mentioned, as well as
backport SOLR-12809, in case of a potential re-spin.
>> https://gist.github.com/ed99d0945de112e05e1d1ff77772ce6a <https://gist.github.com/ed99d0945de112e05e1d1ff77772ce6a>

>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>>
>>> 3. jun. 2019 kl. 14:54 skrev Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com <mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> Jan, would you please suggest exact wording to correct the error you pointed
out (quoted below). Since I clearly don’t understand the change, and this is months delayed
already, that is likely be the fastest option to get a respin started this week. Otherwise,
it will need to wait for me to wade back into the topic to see if I can understand what the
correct wording should be.

>>> Thank you,
>>> Cassandra

to prevent Basic Auth headers from being sent for inter-node requests.

the “forwardcredentials” option lets user-originated requests be forwarded with original
basicauth credentials instead of PKI.