lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sanity check: JIRA search discrepancy when logged-in/anon
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:44:25 GMT
Thanks to you both - I’d been wanting to update those issues for a long time but just never
got around to updating it.

Since we do releases often enough, having it as part of the post-release steps should hopefully
keep the number that need to be edited down so it won’t be as bad to do it as it was this
first time.

Cassandra
On Jun 10, 2019, 2:23 PM -0500, David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com>, wrote:
> Done:
> Clear Security Level of Public JIRA Issues
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> > On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Ok,
> > >
> > > I've done it for all currently public issues. It was a bit
> > > nerve-wracking to modify 4k+ issues (1k at a time) :-)
> > >
> > > Notes:
> > > 1) It is a bit hard to find all Public issues as Security level is not
> > > in the dropdowns. So, the search query has to be in the advanced mode
> > > and be: project = SOLR AND  Level = "Public"
> > > 2) Can only be done maximum 1000 issues at a time (under Tools/Bulk Change)
> > > 3) Check Edit
> > > 4) Set Security Level to None, scroll down all the way and uncheck
> > > Send email, then submit
> > > 5) Confirm
> > > 6) Wait (approx 7min per 1000)
> > > 7) Acknowledge
> > >
> > > I am not sure I have the right to update the release instructions, but
> > > - as David said - this probably could be a good place to keep them in
> > > check. Possibly in the same step as does the final issue cleanup
> > > (something about versions I think).
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >    Alex.

towards the end?  It's strictly not release related but it's a good a time as any to do clean
up while the RM is following a script.

that it occurs with all issues that have a value in the Security Level field, whether that
value is Public or Private. For all queries, if you are not logged in, you only see issues
that have an empty value in the Security Level field. You can see the issues just fine if
you know the ID, but they will not appear in query results unless you are logged in.

at all. All 10 of the 7.3.1 issues you can’t see unless you are logged in have a value in
the Security Level field, Public as it happens.

suggestion that we just simply do a bulk edit for all Public issues to remove the value entirely,
and periodically do the same. I’d do it as often as I have time and remember to do it, but
any of us could do it as long as we agree it’s a good idea.