lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Apache Solr Reference Guide for Solr 8.0
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 19:45:03 GMT
It took me a few days to get back to this - the week got away from me and I wanted to give
Jan’s suggestions a decent review.

Thanks, Jan, for those changes. It looks like it’s really one sentence that’s misleadingly
wrong. I hate releasing with known errors like that, but if you don’t think it’s that
big of a problem, I’ll go ahead with the release and fold your changes into 8.1. Maybe this
is a good use for that otherwise unused Errata page in the PDF.

Thanks everyone who voted, the VOTE has passed and I’ll get started releasing it.

Cassandra
On Jun 3, 2019, 6:16 PM -0500, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>, wrote:
> Feel free as RM to release without these changes and fold into 8.1.
> But here is a patch with re-phrasing of the two paragraphs I mentioned, as well as backport
SOLR-12809, in case of a potential re-spin.
> https://gist.github.com/ed99d0945de112e05e1d1ff77772ce6a
>
> --
> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
> > 3. jun. 2019 kl. 14:54 skrev Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Jan, would you please suggest exact wording to correct the error you pointed out
(quoted below). Since I clearly don’t understand the change, and this is months delayed
already, that is likely be the fastest option to get a respin started this week. Otherwise,
it will need to wait for me to wade back into the topic to see if I can understand what the
correct wording should be.

> > Thank you,
> > Cassandra
> > On May 31, 2019, 3:37 PM -0500, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>, wrote:
> > > Viewed on a smartphone :)
> > >
> > > Comments:
> > >
> > > Major changes section:

prevent Basic Auth headers from being sent for inter-node requests.

> > > This is wrong. Basic Auth never sent basicauth headers inter-node, and adding
the “forwardcredentials” option lets user-originated requests be forwarded with original
basicauth credentials instead of PKI.