lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 8.1
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 14:05:29 GMT
The JWTAuthPluginIntegrationTest.createCollectionUpdateAndQueryDistributed tests failing rely
on polling metrics from all nodes in the cluster, sum the counts and assert that the count
is above a certain threshold. I saw one test that expected 12 for the authenticated requests
counter, but got only 4. Could it perhaps be that when the client always did 3 or 5 requests
to the nodes to fetch metrics, it would take more time, and now that we get results on first
attempt we may get into timing issues where Metrics store is not yet updated? Have not checked
in depth though.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 7. mai 2019 kl. 15:44 skrev Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>:
>
> Jenkins has caught up with what I was seeing: :
> https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-8.1-Linux/296/
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 7:08 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
> <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Seems to me that the last moment commit for SOLR-13449 in branch_8_1
>> has resulted in the failure.
>> BTW, I'm not seeing this failure on branch_8x (contrary to what I
>> wrote above; I must've been hallucinating).
>> I'll see if something quick can be done to fix this, otherwise I'll
>> revert this change and spin the RC.
>>
>> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 5:04 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
>> <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems similar to
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13248?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16769078#comment-16769078
>>> Looking into it further.

RC in

<joelsolr@gmail.com>

the branch.

Chattopadhyaya

the branch?

branch cutting.

Grand <jpountz@gmail.com>

Ishan for volunteering! I'm expecting
the branch?

AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
wrote:

> [...]
volunteer for RM.
from now) sound reasonable for a

PM Ignacio Vera

was long time ago (January 29th) and there
In Lucene in particular

be the release manager this time as I will be

e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org