lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.7.2
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 16:50:27 GMT
I merged cde00b9a84f3d57252d34daaa77f2b56cf9802cb.

These commits are not in branch_7_7 either:

77cf083e1417e4ac910f06626ae3cb6c3c77a32b Fix PeerSyncTest and TestInPlaceUpdatesDistrib failures
Ishan Chattopadhyaya 2019-05-02 23:06
d9d3c89e3e50f8acee4ad07fff8cd448e2b9b585 DistributedUpdateProcessorTest assumeWorkingMockito()
David Smiley* 2019-05-01 06:30
74bc993b965c9f51e9a5113c8a6d02b45a423a4a Test should use ExecutorUtil David Smiley 2019-05-01
20:30

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 16. mai 2019 kl. 17:54 skrev Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>:
>
> Bulk of SOLR-12833 (including recent changes) should already be there because it was
committed to branch_7_7, with the exception of cde00b9a84f3d57252d34daaa77f2b56cf9802cb which
still needs to be merged to 7_7 and now to 7_7_2.

>> On 16 May 2019, at 17:38, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:

>> So now backCompat indices for 6.6.6 are pushed, smoketester should be happy.
>>
>> I have also backported these JIRAs, ready to push to branch_7_7, currently running
tests:

>> SOLR-13229:  Cleanup replicasMetTragicEvent after all exceptions
>> SOLR-13352:  Remove risk of deadlock/threadleak when shutting down an Overseer(TriggerThread)
>> SOLR-13366:  Clarify 'Invalid stage name' warning logging in AutoScalingConfig
>> SOLR-13386:  OverseerTaskQueue#remove should not throw an exception when no node
exists after...
>> SOLR-13398:  Move log "Processing SSL Credential Provider chain" from INFO to DEBUG
to prevent...
>> LUCENE-8720: fix int overflow in NameIntCacheLRU
>> SOLR-13252:  Fix an NPE when setting a "policy" property for an existing collection.
>> SOLR-13254:  Correct message that is logged in solrj's ConnectionManager when an
exception…

>> I see no BLOCKERS, and the only JIRA I have on my list for potential backport now
is
>> SOLR-12833:  Use timed-out lock in DistributedUpdateProcessor
>>
>> Ishan, Hoss, Andrzej, Smiley, you recently worked with it, what is your evaluation
of whether it should go in 7.7.2?

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:

>>> Just backported this. Hope there's still some time for a Jenkins run or two.

the results of the first few runs.

<mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>>:

> [...]
to my attention today, which upgraded the Jackson dependencies to 2.9.8. Would it be possible
for those to be backported to branch_7_7 for inclusion in 7.7.2?

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>:

> [...]
since the increased memory consumption adversely affects existing 7x users.

RC until after a successful 8.1 vote.
announcing them in this thread.