lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for help: moving from ant build to gradle
Date Sat, 04 May 2019 22:56:48 GMT
I've got my own lucene-solr gradle branch as well.

I stole the BuildPlugin and CheckWorkingCopy from Dat's branch, but also
made some changes.

* Similar to above above, I don't move the src files so it can keep things
up to date without lots of pain.
* I used a plugin that lets us define versions in a root props file like we
currently do and ensures we use the same versions in all modules even after
auto conflict resolution (unlike gradle by default)
* It also locks versions so we can continue to pay attention to scary
automatic dependency resolution changes
* implementation and api used instead of compile
* Things build and the majority of tests pass (Lucene's TestVirtualMethod
does not for example)

If someone like Uwe is serious about helping out with fun extras
(regenerating sources, extracting data from ICU, quality checks,
documentation (XSLT)), I'd look at contributing.

- Mark

--
- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller