lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 8.1
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 09:54:25 GMT
I've cut the release branch, branch_8_1.
Seems like I don't have authorization to create a new Jenkins job for
8.1. Can someone with the access please help?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:48 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'll cut the release branch in around 12-18 hours.
> Planning to build the first RC on 2nd May.
> Thanks and regards,
> Ishan
>
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 12:04 AM Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > +1 to April 30th timeframe.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:40 PM Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> 30 Apr seems reasonable to me for cutting the branch.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

there is interesting stuff that has not been released yet. In Lucene in particular there is
the new BKD tree strategy for segment merging  which provides a significant performance boost
for high dimensions, the new Luke module or the new query visitor API for naming a few. I
see that in Solr there is as well quite a few unreleased changes.

I will be on holidays the next few weeks but I would like to gauge the interest in the community
to have a new release soonish.