lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for help: moving from ant build to gradle
Date Sun, 05 May 2019 02:09:30 GMT
Would beasting of tests be possible through gradle?

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked into this a little more.
>
> Seems if we just do it with master and going forward, we don’t need multi version support
- Uwe seems to have taken it out with the move to Java 11?

> I can handle regenerate.
>
> The other quality checks shouldn’t be crazy.
>
> So I guess we can probably do this, but before I focus on BS details, please speak up
if you hate the idea of Gradle and you have the clout to stop it.

> Mark
>

> On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 5:56 PM Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've got my own lucene-solr gradle branch as well.
>>
>> I stole the BuildPlugin and CheckWorkingCopy from Dat's branch, but also made some
changes.

>> * Similar to above above, I don't move the src files so it can keep things up to
date without lots of pain.
>> * I used a plugin that lets us define versions in a root props file like we currently
do and ensures we use the same versions in all modules even after auto conflict resolution
(unlike gradle by default)
>> * It also locks versions so we can continue to pay attention to scary automatic dependency
resolution changes
>> * implementation and api used instead of compile
>> * Things build and the majority of tests pass (Lucene's TestVirtualMethod does not
for example)

>> If someone like Uwe is serious about helping out with fun extras (regenerating sources,
extracting data from ICU, quality checks, documentation (XSLT)), I'd look at contributing.