lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.7.2
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 21:34:40 GMT
While the voting is in progress, now is a good time to take another look at the draft ReleaseNotes
and comment/edit.
I selected 6 bugs to mention (out of 28) for Solr.
If anyone want to mention one or more of the Lucene bugs, go ahead and add!

https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote772 <https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote772>
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote772 <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote772>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 28. mai 2019 kl. 12:58 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>
> Now that 8.1.1 vote has passed, I'll proceed with the 7.7.2 release.
>
> --
> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>
>> 21. mai 2019 kl. 16:13 skrev Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de <mailto:uwe@thetaphi.de>>:
>>
>> Please wait for: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8807 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8807>
>>
>> This seems to be important for Apache Foundation, although we use checksums, so it’s
not a security issue for Lucene/Solr.

>> Uwe
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>> https://www.thetaphi.de <https://www.thetaphi.de/>

DEBUG to prevent...
>>> LUCENE-8720: fix int overflow in NameIntCacheLRU
>>> SOLR-13252:  Fix an NPE when setting a "policy" property for an existing collection.
>>> SOLR-13254:  Correct message that is logged in solrj's ConnectionManager when
an exception…

>>> I see no BLOCKERS, and the only JIRA I have on my list for potential backport
now is
>>> SOLR-12833:  Use timed-out lock in DistributedUpdateProcessor
>>>
>>> Ishan, Hoss, Andrzej, Smiley, you recently worked with it, what is your evaluation
of whether it should go in 7.7.2?

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:

> [...]
we the results of the first few runs.

<mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>>:

> [...]
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13112> to my attention today, which upgraded
the Jackson dependencies to 2.9.8. Would it be possible for those to be backported to branch_7_7
for inclusion in 7.7.2?

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>:

> [...]
since the increased memory consumption adversely affects existing 7x users.

7.7.2 RC until after a successful 8.1 vote.
announcing them in this thread.