lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.7.2
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 16:20:04 GMT
Here is the first draft of the release notes for Lucene and Solr 7.7.2

https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote772
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote772

I see no reason for choosing some of the 25 Solr bug fixes to highlight.
Some of them are high imact and some are security related, should we
perhaps list the security related ones only (no CVEs but still important ones)

Feel free to edit if you find copy/paste mistakes or if you have opinions on what bigfixes
to highlight

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 16. mai 2019 kl. 17:38 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>
> So now backCompat indices for 6.6.6 are pushed, smoketester should be happy.
>
> I have also backported these JIRAs, ready to push to branch_7_7, currently running tests:
>
> SOLR-13229:  Cleanup replicasMetTragicEvent after all exceptions
> SOLR-13352:  Remove risk of deadlock/threadleak when shutting down an Overseer(TriggerThread)
> SOLR-13366:  Clarify 'Invalid stage name' warning logging in AutoScalingConfig
> SOLR-13386:  OverseerTaskQueue#remove should not throw an exception when no node exists
after...
> SOLR-13398:  Move log "Processing SSL Credential Provider chain" from INFO to DEBUG to
prevent...
> LUCENE-8720: fix int overflow in NameIntCacheLRU
> SOLR-13252:  Fix an NPE when setting a "policy" property for an existing collection.
> SOLR-13254:  Correct message that is logged in solrj's ConnectionManager when an exception…
>
> I see no BLOCKERS, and the only JIRA I have on my list for potential backport now is
> SOLR-12833:  Use timed-out lock in DistributedUpdateProcessor
>
> Ishan, Hoss, Andrzej, Smiley, you recently worked with it, what is your evaluation of
whether it should go in 7.7.2?

> --
> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>
>> 14. mai 2019 kl. 15:38 skrev Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com <mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:
>>
>>> I would like to backport SOLR-13410, as without this the ADDROLE of
>>> "overseer" is effectively broken. Please let me know if that is fine.
>>
>> Just backported this. Hope there's still some time for a Jenkins run or two.
>>
>> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 2:48 PM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:

>>> Jenkins jobs for 7_7 were enabled today. Will build the first RC once we the
results of the first few runs.

>>> --
>>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>>>
>>> 10. mai 2019 kl. 21:16 skrev Kevin Risden <krisden@apache.org <mailto:krisden@apache.org>>:
>>>
>>> Finished backport of SOLR-13112 for Jackson 2.9.8
>>>
>>> Kevin Risden

to my attention today, which upgraded the Jackson dependencies to 2.9.8. Would it be possible
for those to be backported to branch_7_7 for inclusion in 7.7.2?

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>:

> [...]
since the increased memory consumption adversely affects existing 7x users.

RC until after a successful 8.1 vote.