lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.7.2
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 15:54:32 GMT
Bulk of SOLR-12833 (including recent changes) should already be there because it was committed
to branch_7_7, with the exception of cde00b9a84f3d57252d34daaa77f2b56cf9802cb which still
needs to be merged to 7_7 and now to 7_7_2.

> On 16 May 2019, at 17:38, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>
> So now backCompat indices for 6.6.6 are pushed, smoketester should be happy.
>
> I have also backported these JIRAs, ready to push to branch_7_7, currently running tests:
>
> SOLR-13229:  Cleanup replicasMetTragicEvent after all exceptions
> SOLR-13352:  Remove risk of deadlock/threadleak when shutting down an Overseer(TriggerThread)
> SOLR-13366:  Clarify 'Invalid stage name' warning logging in AutoScalingConfig
> SOLR-13386:  OverseerTaskQueue#remove should not throw an exception when no node exists
after...
> SOLR-13398:  Move log "Processing SSL Credential Provider chain" from INFO to DEBUG to
prevent...
> LUCENE-8720: fix int overflow in NameIntCacheLRU
> SOLR-13252:  Fix an NPE when setting a "policy" property for an existing collection.
> SOLR-13254:  Correct message that is logged in solrj's ConnectionManager when an exception…
>
> I see no BLOCKERS, and the only JIRA I have on my list for potential backport now is
> SOLR-12833:  Use timed-out lock in DistributedUpdateProcessor
>
> Ishan, Hoss, Andrzej, Smiley, you recently worked with it, what is your evaluation of
whether it should go in 7.7.2?

> --
> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>
>> 14. mai 2019 kl. 15:38 skrev Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com <mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:
>>
>>> I would like to backport SOLR-13410, as without this the ADDROLE of
>>> "overseer" is effectively broken. Please let me know if that is fine.
>>
>> Just backported this. Hope there's still some time for a Jenkins run or two.
>>
>> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 2:48 PM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:

>>> Jenkins jobs for 7_7 were enabled today. Will build the first RC once we the
results of the first few runs.

>>> --
>>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>>>
>>> 10. mai 2019 kl. 21:16 skrev Kevin Risden <krisden@apache.org <mailto:krisden@apache.org>>:
>>>
>>> Finished backport of SOLR-13112 for Jackson 2.9.8
>>>
>>> Kevin Risden

to my attention today, which upgraded the Jackson dependencies to 2.9.8. Would it be possible
for those to be backported to branch_7_7 for inclusion in 7.7.2?

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>:

> [...]
since the increased memory consumption adversely affects existing 7x users.

RC until after a successful 8.1 vote.