lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Test failures are out of control......
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 00:55:30 GMT

: * Hoss has worked on aggregating all test failures from the 3 Jenkins
: systems (ASF, Policeman, and Steve's), downloading the test results & logs,
: and running some reports/stats on failures. He should be ready to share
: this more publicly soon.

I think Steve's linked to some of this before from jira comments, but it
was only recently I realized i've never explicitly said to the list "Hey
folks, here's a thing i've been working on" ...

  http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/
  https://github.com/hossman/jenkins-reports/

The most interesting bit is probably here...

  http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/failure-report.html

...but there are currently a few caveats:

1) there's some noise inthe '7days' data because I wasn't accounting for
the way jenkins reports some types of failure -- that will gradually clean
itself up

2) I think i've been been blocked by builds.apache.org, so at the moment
the data seems to just be from the sarowe & policeman jenkins failures.

3) allthough the system is archiving the past 7 days worth of jenkins logs
for any jobs with failures, there is currently no easy way to download
the relevant log(s) from that failure report -- you currently have to
download a CSV file like this one to corrolate the test failures to the
jenkins job, and then go look for that job in the job-data dirs...

  http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/reports/7days-method-failures.csv
  http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/job-data/

(My hope is to make #3 trivial from failure-report.html -- so you can say
"hey weird, this test has failed X times, let's go download those logs."
right from a single screen in your browser)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/