lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test failures are out of control......
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:41:50 GMT
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand your point Yonik, but the practical consequences are worse

I think that's what we were debating though.  IMO, the overall
practical consequences of simply sweeping the problem under the rug by
disabling all flakey tests is actually worse.
I agree with the issue of noise in automated reports decreasing their
relevance, but it's an independent (albeit related) issue and there
are better ways to fix that.

But at this point, I think I'll defer to the people who have made time
to work on this problem (and adding @Ignore to flakey tests isn't
actually decreasing the number of flakey tests).

-Yonik