lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Test failures are out of control......
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:26:17 GMT
On 2/22/2018 9:04 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> Thanks all for contributing to the discussion. I'll write up a JIRA
> before Monday and try to summarize the discussion and we can go from
> there. Hmmm, a LUCENE or SOLR JIRA? Does it matter?

That's a head scratcher.  The majority of what makes the build system
tick is either in Lucene or applies to both, but I think most of the
noisy tests are in Solr.

In one of the emails for this thread I did see a handful of Lucene tests
mentioned as failing, but they seem to be a minority.

My bias would be to make it a LUCENE issue, because what Erick is trying
to accomplish affects the entire codebase.  If it's later determined
that there is no real concern about Lucene, it can be moved.  But if
there's strong opposition to this, I won't obect to it being in SOLR
from the start.

Thanks,
Shawn