lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shawn Heisey (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-11361) After Restarting Solr 6.6.1 Seems to cause Error if Application is Reading/Writing?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:06:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11361?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16170307#comment-16170307
] 

Shawn Heisey commented on SOLR-11361:
-------------------------------------

With 6.6.0, I see the problem in SOLR-11297.

I was trying to track something down on the 6.6.0 install (/solr/admin/metrics not working),
and came across an error about an index, but the error didn't mention the index directory.
 Therefore I found the error logging in the source code, checked out the branch_6x code, modified
the code to display what directory was having the issue, and built/installed version 6.6.2-SNAPSHOT.

With the upgrade, I began having problems where cores actually did not successfully load,
which is a very different problem than SOLR-11297.  I saw the "SolrCore 'xxxxxx' is not available
due to init failure: null" message in my logs just like this issue mentions, but could not
find anything in the logs that actually indicated why the core failed to initialize.


> After Restarting Solr 6.6.1 Seems to cause Error if Application is Reading/Writing?
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-11361
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11361
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>    Affects Versions: 6.6.1
>         Environment: Windows 10 VM
>            Reporter: Richard Rominger
>              Labels: newbie, upgrade, windows
>
> I have just updated from Solr 6.2.1 to 6.6.1.  I put into place a fresh 6.6.1 and mounted
our Core (umslogs).  This loaded perfectly fine on port 8181 and our application is able to
write/read data.
> The problem started when I restart Solr 6.6.1 and the below error appeared after Solr
6.6.1 came up accessible via the web page. 
>  	
> *HttpSolrCall
> null:org.apache.solr.core.SolrCoreInitializationException: SolrCore 'umslogs' is not
available due to init failure: null *
> Next my testing lead me to start up Solr on port 8282 that no application is connecting/reading/writing
to.  On this test umslogs core loads is perfectly fine after erroring above.
> Next my testing lead me to close +our application+ that writes/reads to Solr 8181umslogs
core and shutdown Solr 8282 umslogs core.  Then  I restarted  Solr back on Poret 8181 and
the umslogs core loads properly and our application that that writes/reads to Solr 8181 is
once again operational.
> Our application has used Solr 4.10.x, then Solr 6.2.x okay.  Then again I do not doubt
that I might have done something wrong with the 6.6.1 upgrade that is causing the above behavior




--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message