lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ans...@anshumgupta.net>
Subject Release planning for 7.0
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 15:41:53 GMT
Hi,

It's May already, and with 6.6 lined up, I think we should start planning
on how we want to proceed with 7.0, in terms of both - the timeline, and
what it would likely contain.

I am not suggesting we start the release process right away, but just
wanted to start a discussion around the above mentioned lines.

With 6.6 in the pipeline, I think sometime in June would be a good time to
cut a release branch. What do all of you think?

P.S: This email is about 'discussion' and 'planning', so if someone wants
to volunteer to be the release manager, please go ahead. I can't remember
if someone did explicit volunteer to wear this hat for 7.0. If no one
volunteers, I will take it up.

-Anshum