lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: License headers for solr-ref-guide files?
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 18:38:03 GMT
Hi,

We have already a check for licenses by default enabled in all sub directories of the build.
It's called "rat-sources"
The problem with the rat-sources ant target is, that although it runs on the ref-guide subdirectory,
it does not catch violations for several reasons:

1. it does not yet look into all file types

2. for some files, e.g. the java code, you are using a non-standard subdirectory of the project
folder. To fix this, there are two options: a) move to src/.../java or tools like in other
modules (by that they are also compiled automatically without extra compilation tasks in build.xml)
or b) add the additional directories  to some special ANT property _before_ loading common-build.xml:

  <!-- These patterns can be defined to add additional files for checks, relative to module's
home dir -->
  <property name="rat.additional-includes" value=""/>
  <property name="rat.additional-excludes" value=""/>

In the local build, you can configure the license checker by adding those lines fillesd out
*before* including common-build.xml. If you open an issue, I can maybe take care of that this
week (I am a bit busy). I'd also like to clean up the build directory, because it has some
code duplication automatically handled by common-build.xml. In addition other checks are missing,
too - because the non-standard folder names (e.g. forbidden-apis).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen