lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Embeding distributed-solr in client-app without storing data
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:50:48 GMT
Does not make sense to me. It would do more queries from the client to the cluster, not fewer.
And those HTTP request would probably be slower than the intra-cluster requests.

I expect the distributed portion of the query load is small compared to other CPU usage.

It adds complexity for no gain in performance. Maybe a slight loss.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 6:32 AM, Mikhail Khludnev <mkhl@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello, Dorian.
> I'm not sure about 1. But you can create EmbeddedSolrServer and add "collection" parameter.
It's what's done in org.apache.solr.response.transform.SubQueryAugmenter [subquery]

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Dorian Hoxha <dorian.hoxha@gmail.com <mailto:dorian.hoxha@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> Anybody has done this ? Reasons being: 1 less http-request when doing distributed search.
But also not storing data itself (like a search-only-node). And the other nodes not caring
about search-nodes.